Lawyers in Riga, Latvia
Latvian Law Firm Rasa & Ešenvalds provides representation and consulting for individuals and legal entities by ensuring a wide range of legal services to its customers: the provision of consultations, drafting and supervision of documents and agreements as well as representation in court institutions.
To make sure that the Law Firm Rasa & Ešenvalds is able to assist you in precisely the issue you are interested in, please choose one of the sections offered below that explain the fields of activity of the offices in a structured form.
It is not always possible to resolve conflict situations by mutual agreement of the involved parties; therefore, our law offices ensure quality and timely legal assistance in various forms of court proceedings and effective representation of the patient rights in Latvian courts, international arbitrations and also in the Court of Justice of the European Union.
We specialise in:
- Commercial disputes;
- Disputes involving rights in rem;
- Disputes regarding rights in personam;
- Events of insurance disputes;
- Labour dispute cases;
- Disputes in insolvency proceedings;
- Vessel arrest and maritime claims;
- Tax disputes;
- Public procurement issues.
Litigation, for the most part, is a long-lasting and exhaustive process, the successful outcome of which is determined by tactics that have been correctly chosen right from the start; and therefore, we offer a tailored approach to each patient to be able to ensure the careful and effective protection of its interests.
When commencing and conducting commercial activities, every entrepreneur has to settle a number of legal formalities that are often very time consuming, requiring other resources. Any mistake can result in significant costs to your business, therefore, we are prepared to provide highly qualified legal advice in order to help you understand the provisions of the commercial law binding upon your business, and to settle all the required legal formalities.
- registration of merchants and amendment of the register entries;
- obtaining special permits (licenses) required for commercial activity;
- registration with any special registers;
- certification and resolving of other matters related to the economic activities of legal entities;
- drafting of all types of agreements;
- services to investors;
- drafting of the initial public offering (IPO);
- mergers & acquisitions (M&A);
- due diligence;
- transactions in shares: how to acquire such, structure the transactions and manage them;
- consulting on the compliance with and adherence to the requirements regarding money laundering and the prevention of terrorism;
- consulting private individuals and legal entities on insolvency-related matters, legal protection proceedings and extra-judicial legal protection proceedings, and on the recovery of debts.
Cooperation with the Latvian Law Office Rasa & Ešenvalds is especially advisable to those businesses that do not have their own lawyer, but want to stay up to date on the current state of affairs of commercial law issues and to work in compliance with the requirements of laws and regulations in Latvia.
For the sake of making the business more effective, it is sometimes necessary to introduce fundamental changes:
- to change the form and structure of the business;
- to divide the company or to separate any part of it, or to merge with another company;
- to establish a new merchant by joining several companies;
- to change the owner or management of the company.
All of this is possible by performing the required legal procedures. Our law office will assist in implementing the required changes professionally, thus saving your money and time, not only through performing formal technical activities, but also by providing advice and suggestions as to the merits of any course of action, so the result desired by the client is attained.
There is no reliable way of safeguarding oneself or the company against a global or local financial crisis and also other unpredictable or predictable however unavoidable circumstances, that may lead to a state of insolvency, bankruptcy.
Insolvency proceedings in Latvia are a set of measures allowing a bad run in life or business to be put to bed and started over again. It is important for both the creditors and the debtors that the insolvency proceedings are conducted quickly, efficiently and without error.
To attain this, the best solution is to utilize a knowledgeable expert having vast experience in the administration of the insolvency processes.
At the moment that the performance indicators of the company or other circumstances signal forthcoming financial difficulties and possible insolvency, it is high time to consider using the advantages offered by the legal protection process. It gives the possibility to protect the company from interference by creditors that may lead to negative consequences for future business activities, or even completely paralyze such.
The legal protection process and the extrajudicial legal protection process in Latvia will help in the case of short-term financial difficulties, if the businessman is fully aware of their reasons and has a plan to overcome them. In turn, it is important for the creditors to be sure that the debtor will not use the legal protection process maliciously and that the debtor’s intention is to ensure the fullfilment of obligations to the maximum possible extent in good faith, and to continue economic activity.
Latvian business lawyers Rasa & Ešenvalds have accumulated considerable experience in developing the plans for legal protection processes and extrajudicial legal protection processes as well as in their administration, performance monitoring and analysis as requested by the creditors. The partners of the office have also administered a significant number of insolvency proceedings as certified administrators by implementing all types of insolvency procedure methods: rehabilitation, amicable settlement and bankruptcy proceedings.
Whenever obligations are assumed, it is crucial to ensure that the conditions of the deal are clearly defined, and to take care that the other party will not be able to raise unjustified claims at a later stage. Our attorneys at Law provide professional legal assistance in the drafting of various agreements:
- Donation agreements;
- Purchase agreements;
- Rent and lease agreements;
- Exchange agreements;
- Loan agreements;
- Other complicated agreements and their combinations.
Each contract agreement is drafted to fully incorporate the wishes of the parties to the transaction in a single or in multiple transaction deeds.
Attorneys at law Rasa & Ešenvalds also implements the activities aimed at compensation of damages caused, indemnification and the handling of other claims arising from the civil liability of persons in Latvia.
In situations when important and valuable items are acquired, people want to be sure that the transaction will be fair and that the best interests of both parties are taken into account.
Latvian lawyers Rasa & Ešenvalds is prepared to defend your interests in the process of transacting various deals, in the events of restitution of title and the contesting of effected deals, and to ensure rights are respected in transactions involving a change of title, establishing restrictions/easements, property ownership, pledge, business ownership and partnership, other transactions in Latvia.
Employees are without doubt a highly valuable resource of any company. Mutually beneficial relations with the employees are crucial to the effectiveness and success of a company.
To help you in avoiding conflict situations in the future, the attorneys of our Law Office Rasa & Ešenvalds are prepared to assist you in the professional drafting of employment agreements, internal procedure regulations as well as in preparing other documentation related to human resource management.
Even if you are facing a conflict situation or discrimination situation, dismissal that involves issues of labour law, we can offer representation of the patient’s interests in court in both individual and collective labor disputes.
The provision of continued legal services for a fixed monthly fee, providing the company with the required planning and implementation in order to offer the highest class of legal solutions in Latvia, including, but not limited to:
- daily legal aid, advice;
- legal provision for all types of transactions, drafting of agreements;
- legal correspondence with cooperation partners and governmental authorities;
- litigation, representation of interests in governmental and municipal institutions, courts and in relations; with other persons;
- working with debtors, ensuring recovery;
- making changes in the Commercial Register;
- drafting documents related to establishing, amending or terminating legal employment relations.
We may also assist with legal services in such issues as:
- maritime law and vessel arrest;
- residence permits;
- legal opinions;
- public procurement disputes;
- acquisition of property, including from public entities (governmental or municipal);
- consumer rights;
- intellectual property rights as well as in solving issues related to honour and dignity and freedom of speech.
The Law Office of Rasa & Ešenvalds is characterised by a tailored, individualised approach to each client, therefore, even if you are not completely sure of the way in which we will be able to help you exactly, please contact our lawyers so that we may explore and investigate your situation thoroughly. In the event of necessity we provide operative assistance in resolving a plethora of crisis situations.